Sunday, March 9, 2008

Music to study by

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu4R0OX4Flo

I have heard this song at least 50 times in the last few days/weeks. I keep replaying it over and over again as I've been trying to study and I haven't bored of it yet. In fact, I wish I could put it on repeat.

Music helps me stay in the moment. It somehow helps me concentrate better on things like semitendonosis though I don't understand why. It's as if while I study, I need to engage additional senses to help me memorize. However, this song is not so distracting, that instead of learning, I'm just listening to the song. Call it background music (but far more than that).

As I wrote my exam earlier today and spilled out my brain with those silly facts and figures that I will never remember again, I think I almost heard this song somewhere in my subconscious.

I'm thrilled to now have the exam past, and be able to listen again to this song, though louder and I feel it surrounding me. It takes me to a peaceful place where all I'm required to do is simply be. All I need now is a coffee to savour, and I'm good.

Are you at peace?

No comments: