Saturday, March 8, 2008

Finding excuses

It amazes me. I'm finding any and all excuses not to study. If only I could use this energy and actually use it to study with, then I'd be in good shape.

Alas, here I am, and I might as well explain myself.

I don't want to study because the material I'm studying is not important to me. I don't want to say the material is not important, because obviously, it's important to some people, and it's a requirement that I take this course/exam. However, from my point of view, the material I'm memorizing is not important to me. Add to the fact that I have not taken an exam in 15 years. And I didn't enjoy school when I had to go?

Hmmm. That sounds like a recipe for delay tactics.

I'm trying to memorize a bunch of numbers, and names. Think latin names and you'll get the picture. I have always enjoyed understanding how things work, but straight memorization just doesn't appeal to me because I've always had trouble with it (read: weakness). So what can I do? I have no choice but to try and memorize this stuff, but it sure as heck isn't fun.

This reminds me of my previous post and why it is so important to do the things you love. Otherwise, you'll always be finding excuses not to do what you're supposed to be doing (like I am now).

Here's a good one.... one of the hamstring muscles is called "Semitendinosus". I now remember that as "Semi-Tend-To-Know-This".

Here's another one... ATP, Fast G, Slow G, Fat - 1, 2, 38, 100 - 1-10, 10-2, 2+ x2
Nevermind... I think you see my pain now...

No comments: