Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I'm not a writer and I make lots of mistakes

I'm skimming a book about getting over the fear and paralysis of writing. Most people have trouble writing because they want it to be well written on the first draft and few people are able to put pen to paper (or finger to keyboard) well on the first go. Writers are hard on themselves, and expect perfection.

Obviously, I'm not a writer. I'm going way too fast to even expect anything close to perfection. When I re-read my previous post about Vanessa Mae 24 hours later, it occurred to me I didn't even read or correct the grammar mistakes prior to posting it! DOH!

Sigh. Now, that's not taking oneself too seriously. I know I make mistakes (lots actually), but I accept that because I know sometimes, the hardest step is the first one. Here's to putting it all out there! :)

If only I could correct my grammar on other people's posts... oops!

No comments: