Monday, February 25, 2008

Fumbling Towards Ecstasy

Someone did a fabulous video of Lord of the Rings set to this song back in December of 2006 and put it on YouTube. When I first saw this video, I was drawn by how my senses were transformed by the sight and sounds and found myself thoroughly appreciating and enjoying the song AND the movie more than the sum of the parts. Considering how much I already like the song, and how much I already like the movie, I was impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvUmYNNPbF4

The first few phrases of the song goes like this...

All the fear has left me now
I'm not frightened anymore.
It's my heart that pounds beneath my flesh.
it's my mouth that pushes out this breath

And if I shed a tear I won't cage it.
I won't fear love
And if I feel a rage I won't deny it.
I won't fear love.


I don't normally write or talk about love. I heard from a good friend who has yet to meet his mate. He told me of someone he's dating who he claims is far richer, and more beautiful than his class and that nothing would ever work out for them. I tried to tell him his fabulous personality is far more important than money and looks to some people and perhaps she was one of those people. He claims that one of these days she will stop pitying him and tell him "it's not you, it's me". He dates her, though he believes there's no future. Yet, how could he possibly have a future with her if he himself does not believe he's worthy of her?

He needs to hear this song. He needs to let go. He needs to commit to himself in all his glory, and believe in himself - all his strengths and all his positive traits. He needs to love himself so that others can love him to the same degree or more.

I wish that he could love fearlessly for I believe he will find love when he can love himself.

No comments: