Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A day in the life of work

I'm trying to get creative. I've been put into a difficult situation where I'm feeling a touch of desperation as I try madly to figure out how to make the year. Of course time is running out. Yet I'm extremely calm, collected, and having a lot of fun talking to people to try to get some creative juices running. What's even more amusing is that the people I'm talking to do not necessarily seem to enjoy my sense of well-being. Afterall, they are on the same boat with me, and they do not understand why I'm not screaming at the top of my lungs at the unfairness of it all (as I willingly did in the past).

They are instead upset with the situation and dwell a touch too long on the issues and problems at hand.

Now when I say 'too long', what exactly does that mean? I guess what I really mean is it's too long for me. Afterall, what is the point in dwelling? Does it make me feel good? Does it help me figure out how to fix things? Does it point me in the right direction? Or does it only make me feel sorry for myself and my situation and allow me to wallow in further self-pity. If my goal is to pity myself, then I guess I'd be doing well (?!!!) - but if my goal is to find ways to make the year (irrespective of the issues that are well outside of my control), then I need to focus my energy on finding ways. It is only in focusing on the end-goal that we are able to achieve it.

If we focus on self-pity, we will achieve self-pity.

My creative juices have been running many metres per second. What's even better is I'm getting so many other fabulous ideas as I talk to others about the ideas. The ideas begin to change, and be molded and become more refined and I'm left with art-forms in the making. I watch in awe at the process and the results, and I can not help but feel enlightened.

I have found an elixer of some sort. Ask me later what it is for. I'm not quite sure yet, but it holds magic and truth that I can not deny.

No comments: