Tuesday, October 30, 2007

How I got free stuff

A few months ago, I was really desperate. I started telling co-workers (and anyone else who would listen) that I needed a way to get free advertising. Many laughed at me. Many told me you can't get advertising for free.

Today, I shared my success with a co-worker and told him how I got it for free. Now, don't get me wrong, it's not like I got free advertising worth gazillions - no, nothing like that. However, I did get something, and something is more than what many of my co-workers thought was possible when I first posed the question. My success (our success?) was a based on a shift in thinking. Although I called it 'Free', what I meant was "at no dollar cost to me or my budget". What I've been able to do, was get people to think creatively about how it just may be possible. My original confidence that this was possible, allowed them to remove the barriers, and help come up with some plans. I ended up successful at getting stuff for "free".

What other impossible feats are you trying to accomplish and are they really impossible?

No comments: